A custom made bridal gown is a huge decision. And with Kate McDonald Bridal, that choice becomes an easy one to make.
What all goes into making a bridal gown? What are the specifics? What do you need to do as a bride wanting a custom gown? Do you work one on one or just hand off your ideas to the designer of what you think you’d like. Here are a few tips to help you decide if choosing a custom made bridal gown is the right route for you.
Featured above is our darling real bride, Drayton, in her custom Kate McDonald Bridal gown. Drayton, like many brides, sometimes find it hard to actually find the perfect dress with everything that they want. And we truly want you to feel your best on your wedding day. If a custom made bridal gown seems to be the right fit for you, of course we’d love to help make that design go from an idea to reality.
And working one on one with a bridal gown designer can be an amazing process! Your wedding day is special and the events leading up to the big day are sometimes just as memorable. From choosing the venue with your honey, to discovering your photographer, and of course the experience of finding the perfect dress. So in terms of working with a designer to make a custom made bridal gown, we want it to be as special as possible.
WORKING PERSONALLY WITH KATE McDONALD:
Should you choose to go custom, you will have a personal design consultation with designer Katherine McDonald, where immediately after meeting and discussing all the lovely ideas you have, she will begin sketching, pattern making and fabric sourcing!
THINGS TO CONSIDER:
- Pictures are fabulous! Upon deciding to have a custom bridal gown, bring in printed pictures of inspiration for your initial design consultation. Come in with a strong idea, but also have an open mind.
- Usually best to only bring one or two people with you to the consultation. Someone who knows you very well and can honor what you like and is honest. Too many guests could potentially be overwhelming.
- Following your initial appointment, you will receive an email with an Order Form and Contract outlining all the details of your proposed gown and an Estimate of the total cost involved. Only a 50% deposit is due at the signing of the contract.
- Communication with the designer during each of your appointments is so important! We want to make sure we are on the same page, so please let us know if you have questions, and do or do not like anything.
- At the close of each appointment we will have a review of the action items and possible costs should anything change.
- The complete process takes approximately 8-10 months! Please keep this in mind when making the decision to do custom.
If you are interested in a custom made bridal gown and believe this is the way to go in having the perfect wedding dress, please feel free to contact us at 843.805.7193 to start the process! And if you have more questions, and there are a few more details to be discussed with us, please give us a call or email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
All photography in this post is by Brandon Lata Photography.
Want to see more brides in custom Kate McDonald gowns?